- F. H. M. Semazzi, J. S. Scroggs, G. A. Pouliot, A. L. McKee-Burrows, Matthew Norman, V. Poojary, and Y.-M. Tsai, 2005: On the Accuracy of Semi-Lagrangian Numerical Simulation of Internal Gravity Wave Motion in the Atmosphere. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 83, 851-869.
- Norman, Matthew, 2008: Investigation of Higher-Order Accuracy for a Conservative Semi-Lagrangian Discretization of the Atmospheric Dynamical Equations. Masters Thesis, North Carolina State University.
- Norman, Matthew and R. Nair, 2008: Inherently Conservative Non-Polynomial Based Remapping Schemes: Application to Semi-Lagrangian Transport. Monthly Weather Review, 136, 5044-5061.
- Norman, Matthew, F. H. M. Semazzi, and R. D. Nair, 2009: Conservative Cascade Interpolation on the Sphere: An Intercomparison of Various Non-Oscillatory Reconstructions. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 135, 795-805.
- Norman, Matthew, R. D. Nair, and F. H. M. Semazzi, 2010: A Low Communication and Large Time Step Explicit Finite-Volume Solver for Non-Hydrostatic Atmospheric Dynamics. Journal of Computational Physics, 230, 1567-1584.
- Norman, Matthew, 2010: Characteristics-Based Methods for Efficient Parallel Integration of the Atmospheric Dynamical Equations. Doctorate Dissertation, North Carolina State University.
- Norman, Matthew, J. Larkin, R. Archibald, I. Carpenter, V. Anantharaj, P. Micikevicius, K. Evans 2012: Porting the Community Atmosphere Model - Spectral Element Code to Utilize GPU Accelerators. Cray User Group, 2012.
- Norman, Matthew, 2012: Targeting Atmospheric Simulation Algorithms for Large Distributed Memory GPU Accelerated. GPU Solutions to Multi-scale Problems in Science and Engineering. Springer, in press.
- Norman, Matthew, 2012: Multi-Moment ADER-Taylor Methods for Systems of Conservation Laws with Source Terms in One Dimension. Journal of Computational Physics, in press.
- I. Carpenter, R. K. Archibald, K. J. Evans, J. Larkin, P. Micikevicius, Matthew Normani, J. Rosinski, J. Schwarzmeier, M. A. Taylor, 2011: Progress Towards Accelerating HOMME on Hybrid Multi-Core Systems. International Journal of High Performance Computing, in review.